The ProTrap XG is a two-stage, disposable filtration and extraction cartridge that takes the guesswork out of precipitation and sample prep.
Many researchers find conventional methods of precipitation challenging, requiring tedious transfer and pipetting often leading to variable consistency and yield. Some methods show a loss of 50% or more of the sample, making analysis even more difficult. This tool eliminates tedious pipetting steps, offering consistency, method transferability, and versatility in the sample prep process.
The ProTrap XG can help you:
- Remove a high level of SDS, other detergents, and impurities detrimental to the outcomes of downstream mass spec analysis to yield consistent and high sensitivity results maintaining instrument stability
- Facilitating such clean up helps enhance the confidence in the identification of low abundance proteins
- Achieve confident identification of low-level protein
- Prepare biological samples with a wide dynamic range
- Realize highly reproducible results matching that of in-solution digestion for quantitative precision and accuracy
ProTrap XG vs. Other Methods
Our R&D team evaluated other sample prep methods on the market alongside the ProTrap XG and presented their findings at HUPO 2019. To read our full side-by-side competitive review, click here
Proteoform Scientific is a registered supplier with scientist.com